Friday, April 06, 2012

Falling Below Second Upper Soon

I haven't been blogging for a while due to a number of reasons:
  1. My blog inspirations normally arise spontaneously when I'm outside, and the idea usually can be expressed in a tweet. Hence I post it on Twitter instead of further developing it
  2. I'm lazy to blog. Blogging takes time. Time is precious.
  3. My blogger is tagged to my diabteo account, but my Gmail is tagged to my atqhteo Google account. Thus if I want to blog I have to sign out of my Gmail and sign in. (I've tried the multiple signins feature but it doesn't quite work somehow). Thus, additional trouble
I really do hope to blog more though, especially after exams! I definitely will be when I'm on exchange!

Speaking of exchange, I have rounded up the NUS people going to Boston University as well, all 6 of us. Three are PRCs, three are Singaporeans. Can't say I'm super pleased with that, but I'm trying to stay optimistic! Perhaps they are friendly, sociable, and easy to get along with. And most importantly, fun!
Unfortunately, atm only the girl from Arts seems to be fun and I can get along with. Sigh, we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, I have drifted far from the original purpose of this entry. I wanted to do some simple calculations for my predicted grades this sem. I think this sem will be my first sem using an S/U. I'm currently taking 2 modules that can be S/Ued, and I think I may S/U if I get a B or below.

I will do my module review after my last paper, as with every semester so far, but for now just some preliminary forecasting of my grades, without a full review.



PC1325 - Einstein's Universe and Quantum Weirdness
Predicted Grade - B/B- (Probably B-)
I'm hoping for either a B+ or a C, I hate getting something like a B and then feel abit wasted S/Uing it (I won't S/U if it's B+ of course).
It's just a very hazy module, I don't really know or understand much though it's pretty interesting. My midterms got a B/B+ range, and I don't think my story assignment was really good. All hinges on finals, which is this Monday!
Most likely S/Uing this mod, if I get a B or below.

MKT1003X - Introduction to Marketing
Predicted Grade - B/B+
Once again, not quite sure. I haven't really started studying for the finals because it's MCQ, and everything seems quite intuitive. May be abit overconfident/relaxed because at the back of my mind I know I can S/U this module. My CA should be around a B+ range, so hope my finals maintain that level and I can scrape through with a B+
Will S/U if I get a B or below. Hope not to though.

PL3234 - Developmental Psychology
Predicted Grade - B-
I hate content heavy modules that rely on heavy memorization, and this is one of them. This module feels like Biological Psychology all over again, with intensive memory needed. Freaking stupid.
I can't seem to retain the information I've studied no matter how much I study, so I dont really expect a good grade for this. I'm really hoping I don't do worse than B-.

PL3252 - Social-Cognitive Perspectives of EmotionPredicted Grade - B+
Really have no idea how this will go - two parts of the CA are not revealed to us so, and my mid terms only got about a B/B+ range, so I have to try my best for the finals. It's a relatively simple mod, not that memorization heavy, so hope I can do well. Don't have high hopes though, after the midterms

PH2211 - Philosophy of Religion
Predicted Grade - B+/A-
The only module which I have the slightest hopes of seeing the letter A, but I'm really not sure. I THINK I did well in the class participation and presentation, and the finals seems to be in an easy-to-exploit format (exam questions don't really vary much from previous sems, + open book. So... ), so I hope to prepare adequately for it and write some good essays in the finals.
Handing in my term paper which I think I only did an average job (but no idea how to improve) on Monday, hoping I get a B+ grade at least for that to keep me on track for my prediction.


CAP this sem:
Let's say I get lucky (and get the upper band of my predicted results), and my MKT gets B+, my Einstein B- (S/U), Devt Psych B-, Emotions B+, Religion A- : 4 + 3 + 4 + 4.5 / 4 = 3.875

Combined with my current CAP, my new overall CAP will be : 4.21.

Zomg dropping more and more. :( Need to keep it above 4! Grr.